Açai & Cherry Truffles - Vegan
Açai & Cherry Truffles
Is cherry blossom chocolate candy was on top of your favorite candy bar list as a child? Or chocolate-covered maraschino cherries? Maybe, maybe not! However, you can't hide the fact that as we age, our taste bud change and sometimes, craving unusual things happen.
This recipe is a healthy superfood packed version of cherry blossom, made into Açaï & Cherry Truffles. The first thing to clear, we are not suing Maraschino Cherries; They often contains unnatural colors, and high fructose corn syrup, two ingredients I try to avoid. All you need is 6 simple and easy to find ingredients.
Cherries, Medjool Dates and Oats are the core ingredients, adding naturals sweetness and plant-based fiber to this recipe. The keys to satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you fuller for longer.
If you are interested in recreating this recipe, use the code TRUFFLES25 to get 25% OFF your açaï powder!
- 1 cup Frozen Cherries, thawed (140g)
- 1/2 cup Medjool Dates, Pitted (90g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Raw Nutritional Açai powder (3g)
- 1 cup Oat Flour (80g)
- 3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (130g)
1. In a food processor, blend the cherries, Medjool dates, and vanilla extract until everything is well combined and there's no large chunk of fruit left.
2. Add the Açaï powder and Oat flour until a sticky dough forms.
3. Form 12 balls using a 1 tablespoon measurements and place it on a tray lined with parchment paper. (The dough is easier to handle with wet fingers)
4. Place the tray in the freezer for 45-60minutes, so the balls harden.
5. Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method or simply in the microwave, then covered each ball by rolling them into the chocolate until well coated. Place back the ball on the lining tray, so the chocolate hardens a bit. Repeat with the remaining balls. (you can put back the tray into the freezer a bit)
*You can store these truffles in either the fridge or the freezer. You'll get a slightly softer bite by doing the fridge option & it will last up to a week into an airtight container.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in RECIPES
If you want a simple, quick and filling breakfast, try these pancakes recipes. You'll eat a deluxe tasting breakfast, without the headache of a big preparation. This will leave room into your day to enjoy the sun and take care of yourself!