CACAO & ORANGE ENERGY BALLS
So many words could describe this delicious creation containing only 4 ingredients... I don't even know where to start. I'll just shoot you the first ones that come to my mind when bitting into those pure goodness balls.
5 words that describe super well those Cacao&Orange energy balls.
However, I could have gone with a lot more describing terms like Healthy, Superfoods packed, Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Easy to make, Refined sugar-free, and so much more!
The cacao powder adds a rich chocolatey taste as well as providing tons of antioxidants and vitamins. Plus it's the perfect taste when mixed with the fresh orange juice and zest.
You can wipe up this recipe easily, it doesn't take long at all to do, and it is made with 4 common ingredients.
Those balls are the perfect snack on the go, not too big, not too small! You can choose to take 1 as a part of your snack, 2 to make a little dessert, or more if you want something a bit more consistent and filling.
Ingredients for 12-15 balls (Depending on the size you want it)
1 cup Cashew
3/4 cup of Fresh Medjool Dates
2 Tbsp. Raw Nutritional 100% Pure Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp. Orange Juice + Zest of the Orange
1. If your dates are not fresh, or a bit dry, let them soak into boiling water for a bit, to make them softer, and juicier.
2. To a food processor, add the cashews, the date (drained), the zest of all the orange, and the orange juice.
3. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until you get a sticky texture.
4. Roll the dough into balls, and store them in the fridge.
Note: You still want some cashew not perfectly blends, to add a bit of texture to your balls.
* They will last for about 5-7days in a hermetic container in the fridge.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Cinnamon sugar swirl inside a fluffy and light bread is a winner combo at every time. Simple ingredients are required to bake this healthy dessert. But of course, dessert isn't the only way to enjoy a gluten-free, vegan, and peanut free delight creation like this. One or two slices for breakfast or as a snack do the tricks!