Cinnamon Sugar Bread (Vegan & Quick)
A fall favorite healthy snack (or dessert) to enjoy with a cup of coffee in front of the fire... Nothing sound better than that, huh?
A vegan, moist and fluffy loaf of bread with cinnamon swirls inside is what you'll be making with this recipe. It is made with simple ingredients, it is healthy, and change up the usual banana or pumpkin bread.
The smell you get with this loaf baking in the oven is the smell that makes the kids run downstairs to see if the baked good is finally ready!
This cinnamon sugar swirled dessert is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, peanut-free and healthy for the whole family.
2 "single serving" container of Unsweetened Applesauce (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup Cashew Butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
2/3 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1 cup Non-Dairy Milk
2 tbsp Molasses
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups Oat Flour
1/3 cup Tapioca Starch (cornstarch works well)
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Ingredients
1/4 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the swirl ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the applesauce, cashew butter, coconut sugar, milk, molasses, and vanilla until homogeneous.
4. Add the oat flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine.
5. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
7. Pour another 1/3 of the batter on top and then 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar. Do the same another time. The last layer should be the cinnamon sugar
8. Bake for 50 minutes at 350F, or until a toothpick comes out clean
9. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. If you slice it when it’s too warm, it may be gummy inside.
* Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for more extended storage.
Comments will be approved before showing up.