Healthy Homemade Granola (No Refined Sugars)
Brown rice syrups, sugar, vegetable oil, flavors, Organic cane sugar, tocopherols (what?..), cane juice, glycerine, pectin... And yet, this is what you found in "healthy" granola.
- Yes, but it is organic!
Organic or not, cane sugar is processed and refined sugar, one of the best thing to avoid to treat your body right and make yourself feel good! Being organic doesn't mean it's healthy, but this is another topic!
All this rent to say, make your granola homemade in under 30 minutes, and you'll save your pocket some money, your body unnecessary sugar & processed oil, and as a bonus, your house will smell like you've been baking dessert for the past 4 hours.
Try this simple, quick and delicious vanilla granola recipe. It is filled with fibers, complex carbohydrate, healthy fats and of course, natural flavors! The granolas are crispy due to the coconut oil, which is key in this recipe!
Ingredients (Gives about 1 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp. Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, add oats, pecans, pepitas, shredded coconut, and cranberries. Mix.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and fold until everything is well coated.
4. Spread on the pan (pictured), and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring the granola halfway. They'll become crispy as the cool down.
Enjoy those granolas on yogourt, smoothie bowl, oatmeals, with fruits, etc...
* Wait until the mix is entirely cool before storing, or else it will make the granola softer, and we are all about that crispy granola life!
Comments will be approved before showing up.