No better way than presenting those Oatmeal S'mores Cookie Bars than on a wooden surface.
Gooey marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and melted chocolate, there isn’t anything better... is there?
This kind of vegan treat is the one you want on a warm (or even chilly) summer night. It has the classic S’ mores flavors in an easy bar form.
They’re designed with three mouth-watering layers.
The bottom layer is an oatmeal cookie crust.
The middle layer punches you with flavors of melted chocolate chips and marshmallows.
The top layer is an oatmeal graham cracker crumble + More chocolate + more marshmallows... Please let's have the sweet deal.
This recipe is not the healthiest, but it's packed with flavors. It's vegan, and you can always switch up some ingredients to make it fit your dietary restrictions if you have some.
Three delicious layers, Two fingers to pick one or a few pieces and One full tummy: Enjoy your favorite sticky-finger dessert without the mess!
Ingredients (12-16 bars)
1 cup Large Flakes Oats
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Vegan Pro Maple - Vanilla
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Softened Vegan Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Vegan Chocolate chips
1 1/4 Vegan Marshmallows
6 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
5 Tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 cup Quick Oats
3/4 cup Graham Crackers (crushed)
5 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Vegan Chocolate chips
1/4 cup Vegan Marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the base layer. Stir until a crumbly type of dough has formed. Press this "dough" into the baking pan.
3. Cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top
4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and marshmallows from the middle layer ingredient list on top to melt.
5. Beat together the coconut sugar and butter until light and creamy.
6. Stir in the oats, crushed graham crackers, and flour.
7. Evenly disperse scoops of dough on top of the marshmallows and spread it out.
8. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes
9. Add remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Place in the oven and broil for 2 minutes or until marshmallows start to brown.
Cut in 12 -16 servings and devour!
*Store in the fridge for 7 days in an airtight container and in freezer up to 1 month
**Recipe adapted from @hellospoonful
Comments will be approved before showing up.