Combining a sweet taste coming from organic coconut sugar and Maple-Vanilla Vegan Pro, with a savory flavor coming from the olive oil and the pretzel is possibly one of the best ideas we've had this year.
Those bars have the perfect texture of a brownie (they are actually blondies); they taste like dessert and only required one bowl.
We've added protein powder to the mix, which cut the carbohydrate (or fat, depending on the flour) and increases the protein content. Healthy fats are also present, contains in the grounded flax seeds and olive oil, they'll satisfy your hunger for a great period.
Ingredients (12 bars)
1 cup Coconut Sugar
2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp flax meal + 5.5 Tbsp Water, let sit for 15 mins)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
0.5 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 cup Maple-Vanilla Vegan Pro
1 1/2 cup flour (see notes*)
1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk
1/3-1/2 cups Pretzel
1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp crushed Pecans
1. Preheat oven at 350
2. In a medium bowl, mix coconut sugar, flax egg, olive oil, vanilla extract, using a hand mixer.
3. Add salt, vegan pro, flour, and mix again. It will almost be a dough, super thick.
4. Add milk and mix until well incorporated. (Depending on the flour, you might need a bit more/less, so it's preferable to add it gradually.)
5. Fold in some toppings, pour into a parchment paper-lined brownie pan, and add the rest of the toppings.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes.
7. Let cool completely, cut into 12, and you are good to go!
*We've tested the recipe with all-purpose flour and almond flour
Comments will be approved before showing up.