VEGAN CARROT CAKE (+ Superfood & 1 bowl recipe)
Ok, let's be honest... Is there any better smell than the one you get in your house from baking carrot cakes, carrot cake muffins, pumpkin spice goodies, and all those fall inspired dessert? I don't think either!
You will be glad to have made those just by the smell of it, and you'll be even more pleased once you've tasted these single-serving carrot cake!
This creation is the result you get when you want to eat a carrot cake, but also want it in a single serving, like the once you get with muffins. Simple; you just put your carrot cake batter in a muffin pan and there you go.
I must say that the fact this recipe will require you only one bowl, it's pretty fantastic. Who doesn't love to save dishes?
This cake recipe is like your normal carrot cake recipe, no fancy ingredients, except it is vegan and has a little twist; We've added maca powder to give extra nutrient and vitamins to every portion.
If you want to make this recipe to be sugar-free & gluten-free, feel free to swap some ingredients for others like almond flour & coconut sugar.
Let's jump into this recipe so you can enjoy these as soon as possible.
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
2. Create your flax egg in a small bowl by mixing 2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp of water, let sit for 15 minutes
3. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (Flour, sugar of choice, Maca Powder, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice & Salt)
4. Add all wet ingredients (remaining ingredients except carrots) and stir well until homogeneous.
5. Fold in the carrots until well incorporated
6. Divided into 10 muffins serving and cook for 20-25 minutes (until there's nothing left on a toothpick when picking in)
7. Create your favorite vegan frosting to top these cakes
***Store up to 4 days in the fridge or a month in the freezer.
Comments will be approved before showing up.