Vegan Twix Bars (No bake)
Vegan Twix bars
In summer, I like delish and yummy desserts without cooking. Above all, I love dark chocolate and caramel, damn it, it's so good! I can not live without these two!
I wanted to please my family by reproducing a great classic; Twix bars, (without cooking) and with good ingredients. They are perfect ... and decadent, you will not know how to go without them!
Start by covering a 26 x 13 cm bread pan (smaller than the standard size, do not use a standard size bread pan - the recipe will not work) with parchment paper. Reserve.
1. Reduce your oatmeal into a flour with a food processor. Then add the coconut oil, maple syrup, water and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the preparation is amalgamated.
2. Pour it into the prepared pan and spread evenly using the back of a fork. Send to the freezer while you make your caramel.
1. Chop 1 cup of dates and cover them with 1 cup of water. Send to the microwave for 1 minute 30. When leaving the microwave, drain and pour into a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients of the caramel. Operate your blender until a smooth caramel is obtained, approximately 30 to 45 seconds.
2. Take your bread pan out of the freezer and spread evenly caramel on the base, then return the preparation back to the freezer for 1 hour.
3. Cut the preparation into 6 bars and return to the freezer while you melt your dark chocolate.
1. Melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil (or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil) in the microwave for about 1 minute 15. Let cool slightly.
2. Take the bars out of the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate (help yourself with a fork to turn them over in the melted chocolate).
3. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes before serving. Keep in the freezer at all times.
Coconut oil cannot be replaced by any other ingredient. It allows to freeze the base and the caramel. Caramel extract is found in all grocery stores alongside vanilla extract.
By Sara Girard
Writer at RAW Nutritional
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.