Steps to follow for the perfect smoothie
The steps to follow for a perfect smoothie
The smoothie is a perfect snack, a side dish, or a meal of choice! It is nutritious, prepares quickly, and offers a wide variety of flavors and possibilities. In addition, unlike juices, it is better for your health because it still contains fiber from fruits and vegetables.
On the other hand, preparing the perfect smoothie is not so easy to do! A liquid smoothie, a taste of "grass/too much health," or a smoothie that does not really respond to your hunger is quite common. Then how to make sure you have a perfect smoothie every time?
There is a formula for that, and you will see, once you know it and implement it, it will simplify the process. This way, you'll make sure you create good and balanced smoothies that will support your hunger.
Make sure you have one ingredient in each category, and you're done!
Here is the famous formula for perfect smoothies:
1) Liquid: To facilitate the job of your mixer, always start with a quantity of liquid. Depending on the size of your smoothie, one to two cups should do the trick.
Examples of liquids: Plant milk (almond, oat ...), fruit juice, coconut water, maple water, etc.
2) Creamy: Add an element that will make the texture of your smoothie more interesting.
Examples of creamy elements: Plant-based yogurt, silky tofu, or frozen bananas without the peel.
3) Fruits: They are perfect for bringing a touch of sweetness, but also to cool the smoothie. To do so, favor frozen fruits.
Examples of fruit: peach, strawberry, raspberry, cherry, mango, watermelon, banana, etc.
4) Vegetables: To make your smoothie even more complete, it is very interesting to add one to several servings of vegetables. On the other hand, if you are afraid they will take over the taste, know that there are options of vegetables with a more neutral flavor. Prefer these, and they will go unnoticed.
Examples of vegetables with neutral taste: cauliflower and zucchinis.
Example of vegetables whose balances well with the sweet of the fruit: avocado, spinach, kale, and cucumber.
5) The essential element to avoid being hungry one hour after your smoothie: Protein Powder! It will perfectly complement your smoothie in addition to giving it a last punch of flavors. Prioritize a protein powder that will have no aftertaste and powdery/chalky texture. For this, Vegan Pro proteins are perfect and are available in several exciting flavors.
6) Extra Flavors: These elements are there to bring a touch of extra flavor to your smoothies. This step is not mandatory but can make all the difference.
Examples of flavors to add cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla essence, cinnamon, fresh ginger, fresh mint, nut butter, etc.
Once all these ingredients are assembled, you are now ready to create the perfect smoothie! Feel free to use your imagination to try different combinations of ingredients.
This is how wonderful recipes can be discovered.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.