5 Tips For Drinking More Water
5 tips for drinking more water
Everyone knows that drinking water is essential. Our body is made up of 60 to 70% water. Because of its multiple functions in our body, water keeps us alive. Among other things, it stabilizes the temperature of our body, eliminates waste during the process of digestion and perspiration, and it hydrates the skin. The list of all its benefits is very long!
Normally, a person should drink at least 2 litres of water a day. Certain conditions, such as hot days, physical activities, breastfeeding and certain illnesses, require us to drink more water. It is important to remember that hydration needs vary according to weight, height, lifestyle and the climate where a person lives.
Do you have trouble drinking enough water in a day? Here are 5 tips that can help you!
1. Get yourself (if you don't already have one) a nice reusable water bottle. Make sure it is always full and always keep it close to you. It may sound ridiculous, but having a bottle of water that you find pretty will make your water more attractive! Also, keeping it close to you will remind you to drink more often!
2. Add a touch of flavor to your water! Do we agree that water’s taste is boring? I suggest you add a little touch of freshness like fresh mint, lemon, cucumber, lime, strawberries, etc.
3. If you tend not to drink enough water and 2L a day seems huge to you, set yourself a realistic goal to start! For example, start by drinking 1L, then when it seems easy, gradually increase your amount of water to drink.
4. Include the habit of drinking water in your routine. For example, drink a full glass of water every morning. Then challenge yourself to drink a 500ml bottle in the morning and another after dinner. Create these little challenges adapted to your daily lifestyle and you will see that eventually, it will happen by itself!
5. Vary your source of hydration! Teas and herbal teas count! Sparkling water too.
For a long time, I found it very difficult to drink enough water. I wasn’t feeling thirsty, and so, I thought I just didn’t need water. I must admit that I found the taste very boring. For 3 years now, I have been drinking about 3 L of water a day without even forcing myself!
Hydration is definitely not something to overlook!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog Articles
Have you ever wondered if veganism is for you? Maybe you are not sure you want to try these new lifestyle habits; no matter what is holding you back, read this article which will shed some light on your own choices.