How to Keep the Motivation to MOVE?
How to keep the motivation to MOVE?
Here are my 5 tips:
1. Take a moment to think about the benefits and advantages of being active. For example, if you like to run in nature, it allows you to escape, contemplate the landscapes and get some fresh air. You can even write them down on a piece of paper, so you never forget them! When you feel unmotivated, remember the benefits of exercise for you, and I am sure this feeling of well-being will make you want to move!
2. Do workouts that you like! It's so important to move the way we like and, above all, to do it with pleasure! Don't force yourself to run 3 times a week if you hate running. Do you like yoga? Then, discover beautiful platforms, vary your training and move your way!
3. Do it with a partner! If being alone demotivates you, then find yourself someone to do with it! If this is someone you live with, then it will be easy to motivate yourselves together. Otherwise, if you don't live with someone, write to each other to discuss your workouts. It is even possible to do it by video call! The effect of mutual aid and community plays a very important role in motivation.
4. Equip yourself with the material you like. For example, if you want to run outside, but are constantly cold because you are not well equipped to run in low temperatures, it might be worth buying some good running clothes! For my part, I find it so motivating to have nice and good clothes to wear when I go for a run! If I am cold or uncomfortable with what I wear, my motivation will certainly not be there.
5. Finally, prepare your equipment in advance. Depending on what time during the day you want to work out, try to get all of your gear ready to go! Knowing that your training space is ready makes a big difference in your desire to move!
If you apply these 5 tips daily, they will help you integrate physical activity into your routine! However, remember that it's fine not to always be 100% motivated. It's VERY okay to take days off and listen to yourself. The point of this article is to remind you that being active is good. If you want to be more motivated to make physical activity a part of your lifestyle, well, these tips can help!
By Katia Bricka
Writer at RAW Nutritional