Banana, Peanut Butter & Caramel Bread
Banana, peanut butter & caramel bread
Who doesn't love banana bread? When we think of our ripe bananas lying around on the counter, the first thing that spontaneously comes to mind is often banana bread. I had the bright idea to combine these with some peanut butter (the perfect duo!) and caramel. This is the BEST banana bread I have ever baked. Seriously, it's a bomb!
Ingredients (One bread)
6 tbsp Vegan margarine
2 Large ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Pure Organic Coconut Sugar
1/3 cup Natural peanut butter
1/4 cup Maple syrup
1 tsp Caramel extract (it can be replaced by vanilla extract, but the caramel taste will be less pronounced)
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1 scoop Vegan Pro - Butterscotch
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line a 23x13 cm pan (standard loaf pan) with parchment paper. Reserve.
2. Soften the vegan margarine for about 20 seconds in the microwave. Then add the mashed bananas, coconut sugar, maple syrup, natural peanut butter and caramel extract (or vanilla extract). Mix well with a whisk.
3. In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Gradually add these to the wet ingredients, mixing just enough to incorporate.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. When removing from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes before unmolding. Let cool completely before cutting into slices.
Store for 3 days at room temperature or freeze well.
By Sara Girard
Writer at RAW Nutritional