Cookie and Cream Donuts
Cookie and cream donuts
We can say without too much difficulty that everyone runs and get excited as soon as we name these 2 words: cookie and cream. It is the pinnacle of gluttony. I love homemade donuts baked in the oven. They are much healthier than an oil-fried version, chocolatey as desired, glazed with vanilla icing and covered with crumbs of Oreo cookies. How to resist it?
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 F (180 C) and butter a donut pan.
2. Soften the vegan margarine in the microwave for about twenty seconds, then add to
it, whisking well, the sugar, plant-based milk and vanilla extract.
3. In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, which are the dry ingredients. Add these to the wet ingredients and mix just enough to incorporate.
4. Divide the dough into 8 donut imprints, filling them 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before removing from the
pan. Let cool completely before icing.
1. Soften your vegan margarine for 10 seconds in the microwave. Then add the vanilla
extract and gradually 1/4 cup at a time the icing sugar, mixing well between each
addition until a smooth icing is obtained.
2. Lightly glaze each donut and decorate with Oreo cookie crumbs.
*Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3
Writer at RAW Nutritional