Cranberry & Orange Bars (with a Sweet Citrus Icing)
Cranberry & Orange Bars (with a sweet citrus icing)
These cranberry and orange bars are a real dream! They are festive at will and on your table for the holidays; they will be all the rage and will fly away quickly!
Ingredients (32 bars)
5 tbsp Vegan margarine, softened
¾ cup Brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
⅓ cup Orange juice
Zest of ½ orange
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp Vegan Pro - Maple Vanilla
1 ¾ cup All-purpose flour
1 cup Dried cranberries
1 cup Powdered sugar
2 ½ tbsp Orange juice
1 tbsp Orange zest
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper. Reserve.
- Soften the vegan margarine in the microwave for 20 seconds. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract, and mix vigorously with a whisk. Add the orange juice and zest. Mix again.
- In a small bowl, blend all the dry ingredients together from the baking powder to the all-purpose flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix just enough to incorporate, then add the dried cranberries. Mix one last time to integrate.
- Spread the preparation uniformly (with the back of a fork or your fingers) in the prepared pan, then bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the icing.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl, then add the orange juice and zest. Blend until smooth.
- When your bars are cooked and unmold, let cool completely before glazing.
- Leave to set and cut into 16 squares. Cut each of these squares in half (to form triangles).
- Enjoy immediately!
*Store them at room temperature in an airtight container
By Sara Girard
Writer at RAW Nutritional