PB&J Granola Bar (Vegan & No-Bake)
PB&J Granola Bar
A sticky vanilla based, covered with a layer of gooey peanut butter and topped with fresh homemade jelly, this is what your dreams are made of!
You get a quick and satisfying snack with this recipe, and you can even make it part of your breakfast if you top a smoothie bowl or vegan yogourt with this granola bar. Also super decadent as a dessert, to get this sweet little touch after a meal!
-> No Bake Recipe
-> Easy & Quickly Done
-> Refined Sugar-Free
-> Few ingredients
Ingredients for 6 bars
100g Pitted Date Medjools (around 4-5)
1 cup oats
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
1/2 tsp. 100% Pure Maca Powder
Peanut Butter Layer
8 Tbsp Powdered Peanut butter (PB2 is used here)
2 Tbsp Organic Unsalted & unsweetened Peanut Butter
3 Tbsp of Homemade Jelly for a healthier version or else, jelly from the store also works
1. Soak the dates in hot water if they are not super fresh, then blend in a food processor with the rest of the base ingredients until you get a sticky dough (add a bit of the dates water if it's not sticky enough, really slowly)
2. Press into a square bowl lined with parchment paper, the dough to form the base.
3. In a small bowl, mix the powdered peanut butter and the peanut butter with 3 Tbsp of water. You should get a thick but still runny peanut butter "paste."
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture on top and then put the jelly on the peanut butter layer. Mix gently with a knife to get the jelly into the peanut butter.
5. Let sit in the fridge to cool down and store there or in the freezer