"Oreo" Brownies (No-Bake)
"Oreo" brownies (No-Bake)
I love the new "Cookies and cream" flavor from Raw Nutritional. It tastes exactly the same as a good old Oreo, but with great ingredients as a bonus.
I had the idea of remaking a classic that I love so much: the brownie. I wanted it in a raw version (because it's summertime, and we don't want to turn on our oven) and without any artificial sugar added to the recipe.
There are so many good things in this one that you’ll want to have one after
the other. The whole family will love it for sure!
1. Start by pouring the walnuts, pecans, vegan pro as well as the cocoa and a pinch of salt into a food processor. Pulse until everything is finely chopped.
2. Rehydrate your dates by covering them with 1 cup of water. Send in
the microwave for 1 minute then drain. Pour into the food processor with the maple
syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. Pulse until the dough begins to stick together then line an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) pan with parchment paper and pour this brownie base into
the pan. Spread evenly with your hands. Place in the freezer while you make your
1. Soak your cashews for 6-8 hours (or boil them for 15-20 minutes), then drain. Pour these into a blender with all the rest of the icing ingredients and let run until a smooth glaze is obtained.
2. Pour and gently spread on top of the brownies. Return brownies to freezer 1 hour before cutting into squares and serving.
3. Store in the freezer at all times. Simply take them out for about ten minutes before tasting.