Vegan & Healthy Snickers Bars
Vegan & Healthy Snickers Bars
Who would have thought that you can eat chocolate bars that taste EXACTLY like Snickers on a plant-based diet?
You have to try it to believe how good and identical to a non-vegan chocolate bar this recipe is.
I used Maca Powder in this recipe to get a bit fancier and add an extra caramel-y flavor. It is not mandatory... but kind of to be honest!
It will take you about 20 minutes of work on your end, and it will also be refined sugar-free depending on your chocolate chips. (In the Raw Nutritional kitchen, the chocolate was sweetened with coconut sugar)
I also added Maple-Vanilla Vegan Pro to the nougat layer, so we can make these bars a bit more protein-ish.
This Vegan Snicker chocolate bar
--> Only 8 plant-based ingredients
--> No preservatives
--> No artificial colors
--> Super easy to make
--> Good for you
--> Refined sugar-free
Just by looking at those peaks and valleys of chocolate enrobing peanuts, you can't tell me your mouth isn't watering ring now?
After the first bite, you'll already be regretting... Regretting that you didn't make these bars sooner!
Being vegan doesn't mean passing on your favorite candy bars, it means finding nutritious and healthy alternatives that you can make at home and have underhand at any time of the day. They will become a favorite of yours and your family and might be a bit hard to stop eating once started.
They are addictive in the best way possible; tell us in the comment section out you love this dessert once you'd make them.
Ingredients for 8 Snickers Bars
- 1 packed cup Medjool Dates (pits removed)
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Raw Nutritional 100% Pure Maca Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Oat Flour or Finely Grounded Oats
- 1/3 cup Vanilla-Maple Vegan Pro
-1/4 cup Caramel Concoction, above
- ⅓ cup Dry Roasted & Salted Peanuts
- 4 oz Vegan Chocolate
1. Your cup of Dates need to be really packed, you don't want to have dates missing. In a large bowl, soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes or simply cover the dates with water and microwave for 60-90secondes.
2. In a blender or food processor, add the drained dates so there's no excess liquid (they should be moist but not dripping) with the peanut butter, the vanilla extract, the maca, and the salt. Blend until thick and smooth.
3. Remove the Date Caramel and reserve. In the same blender (no need to rinse), add the oats flour, the vegan pro as well as 1/4 cup of the date caramel freshly made. Blend until you get a not too sticky dough that holds together when you pinch it.
4. Press the Oat Flour Nougat into a small and narrow container, and add the Date Caramel on top, using a spatula to spread it evenly. You can use any container you prefer, just use one easy to make 8 bars.
5. Press the peanuts into the Date caramel so the pieces stick to it.
6. Place in the freezer for 60-90 minutes, until firm.
7. Remove the frozen uncoated bars from its container, then use a sharp knife to cut it into bar-sized pieces. Put the bars back in the freezer while you melt your chocolate.
8. Melt your chocolate using a double boiler or the microwave. If you choose to use the microwave, place your Chocolate pieces in a wide bowl and microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between.
9. Doing quick, put 1 candy bar into the bowl of melted Chocolate. I recommended using two forks to “flip” the bar until it is coated in chocolate on all sides. Remove the bar from the melted chocolate and let the excess chocolate dripping. Place the bars on a plate lined with parchment paper and repeat with the remaining.
10. Before enjoying, place the bar in the fridge for 5-10 minute so it can harden a bit.
You can store these bad boys in the fridge (last up to 10 days) or freezer. There is no better way than the other, but the freezer can make you think twice before having one since you'll need to let them sit a bit before eating, just in case you've already had a couple, hehe! On uncontrollable needs of chocolate, the fridge can be better for a quick fix.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.