Superfoods Squares (No-Bake)
Superfoods squares (No-bake)
RAW Nutritional now has a very large variety of superfoods, and I wanted to use a couple of them to create a super nutritious snack! These squares are easy to make and do not require any cooking.
They are high in fibre, carbohydrates and protein, and contain no added sugar. Ground flaxseeds add a generous dose of omega-3. In addition, flaxseeds and chia that are present in this recipe provide a better intestinal transition.
With the addition of Camu Camu berry powder, each square contains 150% of our daily vitamin C intake! So all the reasons are good to make a place for this snack in our afternoons' cravings!
Ingredients (9 squares)
¾ cup Dates, pitted
½ cup Cashews
¼ cup Sunflower seeds
1 ¼ cup Oatmeal
1 tbsp Organic Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Organic Ground Flaxseeds
1 tbsp Pure Organic Camu Camu Powder
1 tbsp Pure Organic Cacao Powder
¼ cup Almond butter + 2 tbsp
2 tbsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Water
A pinch of salt
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, reduce the dates, cashews and sunflower seeds into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until the mixture is compacted enough to form balls with your hands.
- Place the mixture into the pan and press firmly with your fingers.
- Put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove from the pan and cut 9 squares.
By Katia Bricka
Writer at RAW Nutritional