4 Things To Try For A Vegan Summer
4 things to try for a vegan summer
Do you want to incorporate more veganism into your life? Yes, but you don't know how?
I want to help you out and give you some ideas of what you can try to experience a summer filled with veganism. Because yes, summer is a great time to try new things. To get out of your comfort zone a bit (without stress and in the pleasure).
You will see that what I offer is full of flavors and fits perfectly on a beautiful sunny day. Perfect to enjoy by the pool!
It's quite possible to eat well on the BBQ without the meat. You just have to try it to see all the possibilities. There are a lot of them, it's not just grilled vegetables!
Here are some ideas:
• Marinate tofu in a good sauce: barbecue sauce, teriyaki, peanut, with steak spices, etc. Don't hesitate to add even more sauce when you grill it for even more flavor.
• Tofu or tempeh skewers and lots of vegetables: add onions, garlic or garlic scapes and nutritional yeast.
• Homemade pizza. It's great cooked on the BBQ!
• Vegetable and tofu fajitas.
• Seitan: this is a vegetable protein with a texture very similar to meat. You can make it yourself or buy it straight from the grocery store.
• Grilled corn: soak it in the water while it still has leaves and then cook it directly like this on the grill. Then, once peeled, add mayonnaise in which you have mixed the spices of your choice and nutritional yeast.
And these are just a few examples. There are even more choices available to you for a vegan BBQ. Isn't that appetizing?
More interesting salads
Do you find green salad boring? I understand you! Here are my tips for more interesting and flavorful salads:
• Mix vinaigrette with vegan mayonnaise. It makes it creamier and less vinegar.
• Add a little nutritional yeast to the vinaigrette. It brings an umami touch (which makes the salad more complete in terms of taste).
• Play with textures: add crispiness with more creamy elements.
• Add pasta, couscous, rice or vermicelli to the salad to make it more sustaining.
• Incorporate fresh herbs (even better if they come from your garden).
What could be better than cooling off on a hot summer day with a good protein smoothie? It's fresh, filled with delicious fruit, and it's a sustaining snack.
And what's also handy with these kinds of beverages is that there are many possible flavor and ingredient combinations. I have a few recipes to suggest:
Cocktails (with or without alcohol)
Let's not forget the cocktails either! You can make them with or without alcohol and even add BCAAs to them. It goes perfectly with a good vegan BBQ.
Try these cocktails:
Hope this gives you some ideas for a more vegan summer. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog Articles
Have you ever wondered if veganism is for you? Maybe you are not sure you want to try these new lifestyle habits; no matter what is holding you back, read this article which will shed some light on your own choices.