How to Have a Good Breakfast When You are Short of Time?
How to have a good breakfast when you are short of time?
We all know the feeling of being rush in the morning. Even if working from home has been in our lives for over a year now, we don't always have time to make breakfast. If you're usually not hungry in the morning and skipping breakfast is fine for you, then this article isn't for you. On the other hand, if, like me, you are hungry as soon as you are awake, and breakfast is crucial to start your day right, then these little tips will help you!
Prepare your breakfast in advance
We are used to preparing our lunches and dinners in advance, but too often, we forget about breakfasts. Many delicious breakfast recipes can be made ahead of time and ready to eat when you wake up. Some can be kept for a few days, and so you can cook them on Sunday or others are preferably done the day before.
Examples of breakfast to prepare on SUNDAY...
- Oreo Cookies Granola
- Crunchy Maple & Vanilla Granola
- Figs, Blueberries & Chia Seeds No-Bake Energy Balls
- Giant Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Healthy Date & Cranberry Cookies (Oil-Free + Quick)
Examples of lunch to prepare the NIGHT BEFORE...
- Strawberry Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Black Forest Chia Pudding
- "Fruits at the bottom" Overnight Oats
- Matcha, Banana & Coconut Overnight Oats
- Vanilla-Açai Vegan Rice Pudding
Prepare a simple breakfast
If you also don't have time to prepare your breakfasts in advance (which is very possible too), then there are several breakfast options to do on the go. They will only take you 5 short minutes to prepare in the morning!
Examples of breakfast to do in the morning...
- Peanut butter toast (or nut butter of your choice) with banana
- Yogurt of your choice with flax or chia seeds and berries
- Breakfast Cookie Dough Bowl
- Protein Breakfast Dip with fruits
- Avocado toast (for a more salty breakfast)
Choose smoothies! Another delicious breakfast that takes just 5 minutes to prepare.
Examples of smoothies...
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Chocolate Cookies Smoothie
- Plant-Based Berry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
I invite you to read the article How to Create a Healthy Smoothie While Saving Time which can go a long way in helping you prepare your smoothies.
I hope these tips will be helpful so that you have time to have a good breakfast in the morning! I highly recommend exploring the different recipes on the RAW Nutritional blog for several high protein and carbohydrate recipe ideas perfect for breakfast.
By Katia Bricka
Writer at RAW Nutritional